Memory foam, otherwise called Visco-elastic Memory foam comprises of petroleum derived polymers and was originally designed and created for the NASA space program and used to cushion the astronauts during take off and with all that G-force into outer space. This product did so well that it was introduced into the bedding industry and has since been the fast growing category of bedding in the world.
Memory foam has several strong characteristics which has made it a major feature in bedding, upholstered furniture, pillows, cushions etc.
Polyflex has since expanded its range to a Gel-infused Memory foam and Open-cell Memory foam.
- Viscous and can contour to shape pressed against it
- Pressure relieving/ durable
- Returns to original shape once pressure is releived
- Distributes weight across mattress evenly and creates a weightless “pressure-less” feeling unlike Innerspring mattresses
- Prohibits motion transfer
Newer Memory Foams:
Newer Visco-elastic Memory foams have been developed with improved features and benefits such as the new GEL- Infused Memory foam. GEL Infused Memory foam includes GEL beads which is mixed it at the time of production.
- approximately 30% cooler than standard Memory foam
- Adjusts and conforms to the shape and contours of your body
- offers cooler sleep
Typical uses/ Applications:
- Comforting layers for mattresses
- Contoured pillows
- Mattress Toppers