Low density Polyethylene foam
Backer Rod is a state of the art sealant backing product, made of closed-cell low density polyethylene foam and is used as a joint filler for specialty applications and is ideal in irregular joint applications where self-levelling; flowable sealants are employed.
This product is chemically inert and will resist oil, gasoline and most other solvents. It is odourless, will not stain nor adhere to sealant materials. (Refer to Physical Properties for more technical information)
- 100% Waterproof
- Easy Handling and Installation
- Highly Durable
- Highly flexible and pliable
- Highly compressible
- Available in a wide variety of diameters
- Available in variety of colours (at an additional cost)
- Conforms to joint irregularities and adapts to many joint widths
- Joint filler for pre-fabricated houses, tunnels, carports, subways, bridges and other concrete structures.
- Seam coupler for water supply and sewerage pipes
- Window and Sash frames
- Liquid reservoirs and swimming pools
- Window sash frames